Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, November 20, 2014

God's story for me and my family....

Here it is, something I spoke not that long ago on Easter Sunday, and after this I was baptized.  The most emotional thing I have ever done.  God was present and it is etched in my heart always.

God's testimony through me and my family is something he wants us to share so you know a little why we are so open to adopting again and the small sacrifices we make for him is nothing in comparison to what Jesus did for us.

I was baptized as an infant.  I was raised to know you go to church every Sunday, no excuse.  I came from a good family.  Since I can remember I have always had faith in God.  But even with that church base, and my young knowledge of God and his word my whole high school career was spent making horrible ungodly choices.  By the time I graduated all of those sinful choices accumulated and ended in brokenness like I had never experienced before.  I did not know who I was or what I should do.  I was completely lost. 

 

Slowly I found my way back to God.  I was full of shame and guilt.  I started to find a little bit deeper faith then I had before.  I actually started to read the bible given to me when I was in eighth grade and pray more openly to God.  As I was trying to build this relationship with God I met my now husband who gave me my very first devotional bible in a translation I found much easier to understand and read.  He showed me how to deepen my faith and relationship with God as well and my Savior Jesus as well.  I was a Christian.

 

But today I am here to tell you what truly deepened my relationship and my belief in Jesus Christ as my savior.  10 years into our marriage, a little over 7 years ago we began the process to adopt our first child.  I was in a situation that I had no human control of, at all.  It brought me to my knees more than ever and I dove into and clung to the promises in the Bible like never before.  I was learning to give my life, my child’s life, my everything to God, and I was learning what it was really like to be in relationship with him.

 

That would begin the choice of hearing God’s will for my life,  and my family’s life no matter what the earthly cost.  My faith has only continued to deepen.  We have adopted 2 more children since then.  Each adoption different, each one teaching more, each one bringing us more persecution from the world….It is so worth it.  I know more about the perfectness of my God, my Jesus, my true faith and the Holy Spirit working with in me.


With our third adoption a year ago, I became a full time mom 5 days before I witnessed his birth.  I was now thrown into full time mother hood to three precious babes who were broken the minute they were born.  They have experienced loss at a level I will never fully comprehend.  I can’t love that hurt and loss away from them, and I love them deeply and unconditionally.  What I can do and what I am now committed to doing is not just showing and teaching them what it is to be Christian, but showing and teaching them what it means to live a life redeemed and to have identity in Christ. 

God gave us Jesus who did the ultimate for us who never will deserve it.  He just wants us to give back, be like him, and to love and tell others of this great gift.  I get it now…  I still mess up everyday, but I have a responsibility.  I am weak, and I am tired, but my days are filled with the joy of saying Yes to God & what he asks me to do.  I believe God gave me children in the way he did because it was his perfect way of conforming me to the image of Christ.  Saying yes to Him is the greatest blessing ever. 


So church, hold me accountable.  I have a big house that could use more of the broken in it because I am saved and I am his, and His house is bigger and He wants us all to be there with him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment